Recommendations for those who have experienced lung transplant and other rare disease patients:
Prepare should you need to self-quarantine.
Speak with your doctors in advance to see how you can reach them if this situation were to arise.
Do you have enough medicine or will your local pharmacy deliver? Your health provider may be able to advise you.
Make a list of family, friends and/or neighbors who you might call if you need assistance.
Make sure you have enough food, water and other basic supplies on hand should you need to remain at home for a period of time.
Finally, should you or a loved one need to travel, review CDC’s travel notices to ensure you aren’t putting yourself or a family member at risk.
Here are credible sources for additional information:
- FAQ form transplant candidates and recipients
- Interim Infection Prevention and Control Recommendations for Patients with Suspected or Confirmed Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) in Healthcare Settings
- CDC at https://www.cdc.gov/
- FDA at https://www.fda.gov/emergency-
preparedness-and-response/mcm- issues/coronavirus-disease- 2019-covid-19
- NIH at https://www.nih.gov/health-
- WHO at https://www.who.int/health-
- Coronavirus: Mental Health Coping Strategies
- American Thoracic Society Diagnosis and Management of COVID-19 Disease