“Why bother providing a life-saving lung transplant if you can’t address the complications that result in lung transplants having the worst long-term success of ALL solid organ transplants? Why is nothing being done about this, no medicines, treatments or therapies? I researched these topics as if my life depended upon it, because it actually does.”
—Jeffrey R. Goldstein, lung transplant recipient and founder of the Lung Transplant Foundation
Lung transplant research cannot depend upon the limited funding it receives from government agencies such as the National Institute of Health. We need your help to find life-saving solutions. Through your tax-deductible donation, you do much more than provide someone with a second chance at life—you prolong that life.
How your donation helps
Every dollar you contribute brings us closer in the race against time to extend or save a life. Your donation helps us:
- Develop, initiate and support research efforts on issues surrounding lung transplantation
- Find treatments –and ultimately, a solution– for rejection
- Implement strategies to promote increased government funding of lung transplant research by the National Institutes of Health and other federal agencies
- Support patients and caregivers through our networks, Mentorship Program
- Conduct conferences for lung transplant medical professionals and patients
- Educate physicians about the treatment of rejection in lung transplant recipients
- Develop and deliver innovative awareness campaigns to educate the public
- Advocate for public policies that support lung transplant patients and their families
- Collaborate with policymakers to establish programs for lung transplant recipients
Your donation helps make possible the delivery of vital patient support programs.
Ways to give
There are many ways to give.
Give a recurring monthly donation to support the Lung Transplant Foundation.
Donate in your name or your organization’s name to support the Lung Transplant Foundation’s efforts. You can also include the LTF in your estate plan.
Donate to your local LTF chapter
Support the Lung Transplant Foundation’s efforts in your local community.
Create a lasting memorial in honor of a loved one.
Honor a loved one with a donation in his/her name. It’s perfect for birthdays, anniversaries and other occasions.
You can easily donate online, or by mail, to address below.
Donate By Mail
Download our Donation Form and mail it today with your donation to the following address:
Lung Transplant Foundation
P.O. Box 33126
Raleigh, NC 27636-3126
NOTE: Make checks payable to the Lung Transplant Foundation
If you would like to make a donation in honor or memory of someone and would like an acknowledgement sent to them please fill out the Tribute portion of the Donation Form and mail it in with your donation.